Nowadays people of different professions use Microsoft power point to represent their great ideas, thoughts and plans. The opinions or views of the presenter are expressed clearly and effectively by different beautiful slides. So success of any project or planning depends upon the effective slide designs and on many other aspects of it.
Before making a presentation get proper understanding about the mentality, knowledge and maturity level of the audience. Make sure that you give an outline of the presentation at initial level so that audience can understand the main theme properly. Some important rules for better power point presentation are described below:
- Make sure that the size of the font is readable from all sides of the room. It should not be too big or small. Limit should be within 2/3 font style. It should not fill up with lots of text material. You can use bullet points so that anyone can read it easily.
- Excessive colors should not be used. It can make the slide ugly. As extra dark colors can be painful for the audience you can use mild or other bright background colors.
- The language must be simple and readable. Try to use those words which are easy and audience can read them without much difficulty. Videos, pictures and screen shots give better viewing experience so try to use them in the slides.
- The title or introduction of the content shouldn’t be too long. Try to limit the extent of the title at least 6 words. The number of bullets must not be more than six, you can use sub bullets if you desire so.
- In case you are making professional presentations then don’t use silly photos, cartoons or movies. Try to use images or graphs that can summarize the text by key points.
- The designed templates, animations and music should be selected wisely. Transitions between slides help to prepare the audience for the next image. Templates should not be distracting and animations should suit the purpose.
These rules can help you if you are preparing presentation on the computer or projector to make it more effective. In case the age group of the audience is children then try to prepare the slides according to kids’ interest. You can make other changes according to the goal but basic rules of the power point presentation should not be ignored. Also try :- Free PowerPoint Diagrams PowerPoint Templates